With air speeds of up to 2135 kph & with pressures up to & exceeding 120psi, this tool enables safe, effective, stress free excavation around buried fibre optics, gas, water or electric.
Our Vulcanex Nozzles, with non-sparking tips, concentrate the air flow into a high velocity stream jet that penetrates & dislodges the soil in milliseconds, without damage to buried objects.
Ideal for ground excavation in utility, construction and hire industries: pipelaying, rail works, cable laying, gas, road works, tunnelling, arborculture, military, airports, municipal, building, environmental, hydro-demolition and petro-chemical.
|Length of body (mm)||Type A: 755 / Type B: 1145 / Type C 1335|
|Weight (kg) of handle and body||Type A: 1.75 / Type B: 2 / Type C: 2|
|Compressor (cfm)||40 - 180 CFM|
- Pressure 72 – 174 psi or 5-12 bar
- dB level: 93 dB (close to compressor)
- HAVS: zero
- Effective ‘cut’: typically around 100mm
- Complies to BS3054:1959 (Firemans axe)
- Tested to BS ENG 61235:1995 (live working – insulating hollow tubes for electrical working)
- H.V. Test: 75 kV
- Weight: 2.75-3.0kg
- Non-spark brass